An eclectic mix of thoughts and updates relating to my professional and scholarly interests.
These will include:
- Ancient Greek (text wrangling, computational philology, annotation and analysis—especially for language learning)
- Software Development (open source, Web technologies; Python, Django, Pinax, Vue.js; my company Eldarion)
- Linguistics (morphological theory; linguistic linked open data; historical, corpus, and quantitative linguistics)
- Music Theory (Modelling Music, computer-aided composition and music analysis)
- Tolkien studies (Digital Tolkien; legendarium and languages)
I may eventually split out topics but let’s see how I go with a single newsletter.
This newsletter will complement sites like jktauber.com, modelling-music.com, and digitaltolkien.com with more incremental news and work-in-progress. New content on those sites will be shared to this list, but the sites might become more focused on evergreen content with less “news”.
This is a big experiment. But I’m keen to share updates and get feedback without being tied to a particular social media platform.
James K. Tauber