- ↑ This is the “whale hole” from Sir Goony Golf in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Part of the Library of Congress’s Roadside America collection.
- Kinda related to #1, A Photographer’s Mission to Capture America’s Last, Great Rest Stops.
- Also weirdly related to 1 and 2 (at least to me) is this photo of the Three Stooges visiting Yellowstone National Park in 1969.
- I think I would live in the Water Tower house, but I can’t tell if there is an elevator up to the main living areas. How would I get my groceries up there? This is a case of the practical adult in me competing with the childhood dream of living in a cool fort-like house. I’m also ignoring the fact that I don’t have 5 million dollars.
- A whole episode of Vox’s Unexplainable dedicated to clouds. Clouds (and cloud nerds) are really having a moment.
- This weed identification guide may be useful to you if you’re like me and constantly play the “is this a weed or decorative plant?” game.
- Winning the Internet is a data-driven newsletter of links in other newsletters.
- How to Walk from Haarlem to Amsterdam.
- A 3D map of Mt. Saint Helens.
- Tweetable charts.
- Beep. Boop.
As summer approaches this newsletter may become sporadic.
I hope you don’t miss it all!
I hope you are enjoying the company of good friends and family after being away from them for so long.
Have a good weekend everyone!