- Earth Rise “…taken by Richard Gordon, alone aboard the Command Module while the others were down on the lunar surface.” From the Apollo 12 mission by way of Toby Ord’s Earth Restored.
- The word of the day is lillördag, meaning little Staurday. “It’s a Nordic cultural tradition that is observed in places like Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Bulgaria that treats Wednesday as an opportunity for little weekend-like celebrations to get you through the week.” Via TeuxDeux (a great to do list app if you’re in the market for one).
- Related to last week‘s link about abandoned seafarers, an episode of 99% Invisible about abandoned cargo ships.
- More nautical linkages. A map of lighthouses around the world. Related, if lighthouses are you’re thing, I’m currently listening to (reading?) The Lamplighters audio book from my library.
- An audio walk through a swamp, 30 plus minutes of nature sound occasionally interrupted by talking.
- For cloud nerds, a new cloud type called asperitas.
- Somewhere in Maryland.
- Cardboard city.
Have a great weekend all!