It's been over 2.5 years since I ordered my first 2 oak barrels to implement Cayce's recommendation to 'inhale the fumes of apple brandy from a charred oak keg'. One was to treat my own sporadic cough, the other was for a friend who had a chronic weakness in her lungs.
I saw this friend recently. She'd inadvertently let her barrel dry out, as her chronic lung problems are resolved and the barrel isn't being used regularly anymore.
I told her what I've started telling people at the Market: 'you don't necessarily need one of my barrels, you can just use a glass bottle or a large container as an evaporation chamber.'
Cayce explained that the ethanol in apple brandy is an antiseptic. The apple and oak flavoring compounds in aged apple brandy help stimulate the lungs to repair themselves.
This is my latest video: Alternatives to Cayce's Charred Oak Keg for herbal lung treatment (youtube video)
This tells, in part, of how my first customer started huffing on apple brandy 4x/day to treat his chronic cough. He cut back to 2x/day when he'd mostly recovered, so he wouldn't backslide. Eventually he switched to huffing straight off the bottle, for various reasons. His wife said the bottle wasn't nearly as good as the barrel. I presume this is mostly because the barrels are 3L, while the brandy bottles are only 0.75L.
I recommend using at least a 1/2 gallon (2L) container - this allows adequate volume for the fumes to evaporate into:
I have three more barrels in stock, just in case any of you want to age your own apple brandy. Two are without a spigot, one has the spigot.
My mom messaged tonight saying she's got a regular cold (not a "super-cold"). I told her my barrel is out on loan to someone with a "flu", but offered to my new backup system. She's going to take me up on it.
p.s. I heard about "iodides" being the only experimental intervention that consistently helped remove arterial plaque. Scholar.google.com has some of the old research - search for "iodide arteriosclerosis" (no quotes).
Iodine-rich foods are one of Edgar Cayce's consistent health advice.
If you find yourself catching a "breakthrough" colds, more iodine-rich foods might be helpful. Seafood is a reliable iodine source: canned shellfish, sardines and canned wild salmon ("eat the bones"). Milk and egg yolks usually have enough iodine to prevent an acute deficiency.
I did find a reading recently where Cayce said the recipient was getting too much iodine, so it is possible to get too much. Listen to your body.