Exactly two years ago, swag-for-dev blew up on Product Hunt! It was quite a roller-coaster experience for me.
This is a follow-up post to this.
- We had 20k+ unique visitors in the last year.
- ~3k folks are on the mailing list. You can subscribe here if you haven’t already.
- Our Telegram community is now 500+ members strong and growing.
- There are currently 18 approved opportunities on devSwag’s website (excluding ~50 expired opportunities), contributed by 87 people.
- On the finances side, the
.io domain renewal costs $30.88 while I had only earned $18.14 from Carbon Ads so I didn’t break even yet! Time to try out other monetization avenues.
- The website is being redesigned at the moment.
- What’s next? Honestly, I don’t know. At this point, it’s well on its way to be self-sustaining. If you have some ideas on this, hit reply and let’s talk.
P.S. I’m highly grateful to Zadkiel and Vikas for keeping the project alive. They are the best maintainers I could ever ask for!
Until We Meet Again…