I watched one of Ankur Warikoo’s sessions where he dropped some hard-hitting truth bombs. Here are some interesting tidbits:
- We all know when something’s missing in life. We may not want to admit it, we may not want to come to terms with it. But we all know when something is missing.
- What you’re good at and what makes you happy needn’t be the same things.
- I think ISB (MBA) changed my life because I didn’t go to @ISBedu looking for a job, or a career, or a profession, or a function, or a company. I actually went to ISB looking for myself. I went to ISB looking for WHO AM I.
- My life started with what we’re told is the biggest ingredient towards success: and that is to have a plan. I had a plan. I had a plan which was better than most others’ plan. I had a plan that I was executing upon, I had a plan that I was good at....
I had a plan that was articulated, measurable, and achievable and I was actually striking every milestone of that plan. And yet, life punched me hard in the face, mocked me and showed me the finger, laughed at me saying that you think you have a plan but I have a plan for you.
- As crazy as it sounds, could you actually live life without a plan? Is it even remotely possible to actually go about living your life without any target, without any goal?
- People look for people who are like them. We hunt down people who are like us. Because we want to feel comforted. We want to feel safe.
Do yourself a favour, and set yourself the discipline of spending time with people who are nothing like you.
- There’s someone who once you look at, you’re like, “Iske saath toh hangout nahi ho paayega bhai. Yeh kaise ghus gaye?” – Those are the individuals you need to be spending time with. Because they know something you don’t. They see the world in a way that you don’t.
- Don’t make yourself a bigger person of who you already are. Make yourself a better person. And that only happens when you spread yourself.”
- The truth is none of us fucking deserve it, including me. Whatever we’ve done in life, we don’t deserve that shit. 99% of what we have experienced in life is because we were just plain fucking lucky.
- The 1% who get up every day and say that they don’t deserve it....these are the people who move any institution forward. This is true for any community, any company, any university, any country.
You can also watch the whole video below.
Until We Meet Again…