Ronnie Spector, who died this week aged 78, with David Bowie and Iggy Pop in 1976 (her expression!!!)
Ronnie Spector sings 'Back to Black' in tribute to Amy Winehouse, in 2019.
This newsletter's subject line, "you went back to what you know," is from 'Back to Black'.
Thank you for taking a moment off from piling all your booze into suitcases for the big rager at 10 Downing Street tonigh- er, I mean WORK MEETING. IN THE GARDEN. 10pm-late. Anyway, thanks for pausing to read this.
I've got some exciting news about I Miss Amy Winehouse coming out today - more London dates, in fact a whole week of them! I'll pop these out on my social media, so keep an eye on me over at Twitter, Insta, or even LinkedIn!
I've also been watching some great TV and listening to some brilliant podcasts, so I've popped them below, as well as links of the week and to my recent + upcoming work.
Look our for this newsletter every few weeks, as I keep you updated on what's going to be a busy year for me with lots of events you can come to - as long as Covid lets us...
Happy sunny Friday if you're in London, and enjoy your weekend!
what i've been watching
- Station Eleven
so many shots in #StationEleven are just art pic.twitter.com/lCAA8G18vT— Suchandrika (@SuchandrikaC) January 2, 2022
- Search Party Season 5
most relatable #SearchParty season 5 moment pic.twitter.com/MpOqYtjFW7— Suchandrika (@SuchandrikaC) January 8, 2022
THERES NO BOOK CLUB??? #yellowjackets pic.twitter.com/dsZc12GvNy— mel | shaunie endgame (@ggardengirl) January 9, 2022
what i've been listening to
- Station Eleven Official Podcast
favourite links this week
- We are living through a time when all the stories the larger culture tells us about ourselves are being rewritten
- The real question, then, is what is worth striving for?
- To learn new words of English, I had to let go of some of my Arabic. It was like taking a hammer to the home I had built in the Arabic language word by word, over many years
- Chas takes a breath, drops his armor, and says the most vulnerable and beautiful line of the film, “I’ve had a rough year, dad.”
- Trauma trumps all other identities, evacuates personality, remakes it in its own image.
- here’s what i texted famous actress cynthia nixon from the center of my shame spiral as i circled the emotional drain
what i'm getting up to (do get tickets for my shows and classes pls)
what i've been up to
Like But Is It Funny? YAY! There's a new season starting next week!!
That’s all from me! Thank you for reading, I’ve been and continue to be Suchandrika Chakrabarti.
I plan to keep this newsletter free, but it does take time to write and curate. If you fancy buying me a Ko-fi I’d be eternally grateful, and will thank you in the next newsletter <3