Welcome to Taurus Season! Back before Covidtimes last year, we were planning a night to celebrate Taurus Season which of course we did not go ahead with. So when Sable Radio re-connected with us to collab on a livestream broadcast, it felt only right that we’d channel the same spirit and bring some of the artists from that lineup direct to your screens at home!
Tonight’s livestream broadcast, supported by Leeds Inspired and Wharf Chambers, will broadcast on Mixcloud Live with tonnes of talent on show and of course a live chat where we can all share the experience. The artists here tonight are mostly Taureans, and mostly focused on folks with ties to Leeds or at least the North - and there’s a huge variety of flavours and styles in store for you all.
Our line-up includes:
- Abena – Fast-rising Manny DJ from the All Hands On Deck cru brings her own brand of rave ruckus for a big finale
- Algernon Cornelius – An interview with Manny-via-Leeds’ best experimental noise/hip-hop sampling specialist on art, process and influence
- Fred M-G – Multi-talented does Beck but better in a striking performance from an electronics-singer-songwriter who we’d never have started throwing parties without
- Kindness – That’s right, THE inimitable and incredible Kindness – whose gorgeous vocals and irresistible musicianship linger in the heart, whose work fights to demystify the music industry and whose tasteful production gives your fave pop/R&B tunes that true glisten – has a killer DJ set in store for us
- m.Kwas – Once in Leeds now back in London, this beloved iconic DJ, producer and co-creator of the Chroma mix series is a true secret weapon, whose own mixes are proper explosive
- Sayang – Be it DJing, throwing parties through Flesh in Tension, voguing with House of Flava or having co-organised vital spaces for Leeds QTPOCs through Our Space, Sayang’s Taurean determination helps them thrive no matter what the challenge. Tonight, we’ll hear their soundtrack
- Say It With Your Chest – Starting things off will be two vital voices from Leeds, the heads of Black-led poetry and creative platform SIWYC: Tai Ògún and Abdullah Adekola. Who better to set the scene and speak the evening into existence?
Lock in from 6pm until midnight, UK time.
Broadcast worldwide at: https://www.mixcloud.com/live/sableradio/
We’ll bring the entertainment on screen, you bring the vibes to the chat! See you soon,