* Reading a lot more about mind-blowing stuff, links below
* Obsessed with progressive metal & jazz/rock fusion ("ADD rock"), links below
* Playing a silly Flash game and trying to make fractals with Python...
* Reflecting on the philosophy of science, especially on Imre Lakatos (would love any feedback!)
* Stretching more thoughtfully (but it's easy to forget)
* Getting high more often (1-3x weekly), and enjoying it (goes with the mind-blowing links)
* Much more hiking, biking, frisbee, and sneezing (everything is in bloom!)
* Trying to sing more often. (I want to sound better and sing confidently around others)
* Still loving my flip phone :-)
* Found a new place to live with two people close to me.
* Worked through some rough patches with my significant other <3
* Organized a short project at work that excited me. (I'm focused on content attribution -- who performed on which songs across Pandora's music library?)
* Not always eating well (I often forget to meal prep)
* Unable to let go of anger, but physical activity is helping.
* Having trouble staying focused, but I guess this is a perennial challenge.
As from Wait But Why's blog:
The older I get, the clearer it becomes that our internal battle as the kindergarten teachers of our mind is like 97% of life’s struggle. The world is easy—you’re difficult.
Send me a note on how you keep focused, and what you've been up to lately!
Things I've liked or thought about recently:
friendly intro to black holes - https://www.symmetrymagazine.org/article/black-holes
nerd out about accelerators - https://news.fnal.gov/2019/03/firing-on-all-cylinders/
nerd out about neutrinos - https://neutrinos.fnal.gov/
self-similarity in bubble popping - https://www.nature.com/news/2010/100609/full/news.2010.289.html
fluid mechanics in plasmas ("MHD") - https://techtv.mit.edu/collections/ifluids/videos/32606-magnetohydrodynamics
the $ in $pace is satellite - http://berkeleysciencereview.com/space-industry/
fractional/fractal dimensions - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB9n2gHsHN4
the future of the internet - https://future.internetsociety.org/2019/introduction/executive-summary/
life is a simulation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESXOAJRdcwQ
criteria for reason - https://meaningness.com/eggplant/pebbles?utm_source=Meaningness
friendly intro to modern JS - https://www.modernjsbyexample.net/book/003-complex-data-types
discuss a webpage, on a webpage - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCkm0lL-6lc
cute intro to "what happens when you go on a webpage" - https://howdns.works/
donut runs - https://www.instagram.com/p/BuohpyOlDEt/
affluenza - http://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/the-village-and-the-tower
that guy at the restaurant - http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=1111
don't face your fears - http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=1027
pleasant robots (challenging game) - http://pleasingfungus.com/Manufactoria/
think vs overthink - https://xkcd.com/1592/
dark - http://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/a-monster
latest favorite band from San Diego (Peace, Fluffy, Story)
going to their show this week! (So Strange, Goose, OD)
tosin abasi, the legend (The Brain Dance, On Impulse, Ka$cade)
from my friend Lee - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVX0b3NkyOc
made by my friend Max - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw1xK0PC4zs
Switched-on Eugene, my new favorite collaboration album - https://www.pandora.com/artist/various-artists/switched-on-eugene/ALd6hhkmx3hhVVV
Life keeps whirling by, so please say hi!