We’re more than halfway through 2021. Yet, I signed a check the other day as 2020. And then I said next month was September. My internal calendar needs some work. Anyways…
It’s been almost two months since my last update. I’ve been busy! I’m building a new house with my wife out in the country. And I’m also visiting San Francisco next week. We’re having a team offsite, but let me know if you’re local and interested in meeting up.
At Vercel, I’ve been focused on building the Developer Relations team. Our first Developer Advocate, Delba, started a few weeks ago and is already doing an incredible job. Building a team is exciting.
- I was on the Developer Experience podcast from Algolia with Adam from Tailwind.
- I did an AMA on tldr.tech, a byte-sized tech newsletter.
- I wrote about my journey to Software Engineering and how I transitioned from designer to developer.
- I hosted a live stream with PlanetScale, where they showed their serverless database workflow and how it integrates with Next.js and Vercel.
- I hosted another live stream showing how to use the Notion API with Next.js.
- I did a deep dive comparing databases to find which was the fastest to deploy. PlanetScale won with 10 seconds. I compared AWS, Heroku, Firebase, Supabase, Railway, Nhost, GCP, Render, MongoDB, DigitalOcean, Upstash, and Fauna.
These are all over the board, but a few articles/videos I’ve enjoyed.