We’re half way through 2020 (!) which means we’re one month away from the end of Bonsai Season 1.
Concluding Season 1
The end of July will be the official end to Season 1 of Bonsai. I’m in the midst of planning Season 2 with lots of ideas of how to improve my work — especially for you, my partners.
On the top of my mind are two attributes:
- Consistency (regular publishing rhythm across projects, meeting self-imposed deadlines!)
- Clarity (both on how I’m using your money as well as how I see things changing/evolving for Season 2)
So next month’s update will be a report on everything accomplished from Season 1:
- Financial report (for the first time I’ll talk about how many partners are here, how much money I’ve received, how much I’ve spent, on what, and why, and what the remaining is allocated for etc.)
- Recap of Season 1 (what went well, what I can improve)
- Presentation on Season 2 (specific details on what I’m changing in my own process to yield improvements in my work, as well as my vision for next year)
In preparation for Season 2
I’m hoping that I’ll have a few new Partners joining for Season 2 — so I’ve completely re-worked the part of my website that explains Bonsai, complete with highlights from the last year from each project and a better explanation of what I’m actually doing:
Bonsai Partnership – Justin Barber
Help me publish writing & design projects that cultivate depth and beauty
I came up with 3 examples of each project, complete with new imagery, titles, and descriptions.
Tiny Tree Grant
Last month I shared my idea for a micro grant for creatives, and I’ve settled on the details: one $500 grant, $250 from what I’ve received from you, and a matching $250 from myself.
Tiny Tree Grant for Creatives
A $500 grant (from Justin Barber) for solo creators who are cultivating depth and beauty.
I’ve received applications, but none of them have resonated with me yet. But these submissions are signals to me that there’s opportunity for a micro grant like this, and that’s very encouraging.
If you know someone, or know someone who knows someone who might be interested in receiving the grant — please share!
HONNE, one of my favorite bands, gets the top spot in this month’s playlist.
Bonsai: 11 on Spotify
A playlist featuring HONNE, RAC, Joe Hertz, and others
Listen on Spotify
As always, thank you for your support.
Until next time,
PS — You can access all the playlists and more from jstnbrbr.com/perks