I was excited to see my performance scores after pushing the new site live, and they were just ok—a 70 to 90, depending on the page. I was hoping most pages, if not all, would score a 90 to 100. The most significant point deduction was due to my images.
In my old Gatsby blog, I built optimized images on the build. Still, Astro did not have that capability yet, and I was thinking about using Vercel's image optimization API instead so I could optimize images on edge. Looking for resources online, I found little, so I created a blog once I had figured it out.
Check out the latest post about how I optimized my images in Astro on Vercel.
PS. Let me know if you have any feedback for my newsletter. It's new, and I am just learning what to put in it.