This week I…
- Got my first Lego kit in ages, the amazing Pirates of Barracuda Bay set, haven’t finished it, but I already love it, I hope this is not the beginning of another obsession…
- Read a great article on refactoring: Class is too large, I wrote some notes, but the last section is great if you don’t have time to read the whole thing.
- Saw the announcement that Github Teams is now free for everyone. This Gitlab vs Github competition is great for us :).
- Kept messing around with my vim config, been meaning to do a video explaining it, maybe today…
- Tried out emacs doom, and it looks great, but I couldn’t bear getting myself used to it, especially now that I’ve been spending so much time with my vimrc…
- Have been thinking about trying out zeit’s serverless service, looks good!
Sound of the week
- I re-found Necrophagist this week and I listened to “to breathe in a casket” countless times, such a great song!
- Daily UI, if anyone out there is a designer or similar, this looks like a great way to improve your skills.
- Not a very productive week, especially towards the end, this newsletter is going to arrive at the right time (on Sunday), but these past few days I’ve been low-energy.
- I’ve been trying out preparing a schedule for the day (which I end up only doing on the same day), it seems to help so far.