Call for Proposals: Film History Book Series
We are seeking proposals for complete/in-progress/planned manuscripts and edited collections for a proposed book series. The series will focus on film history: both the history of film as media texts and the history/evolution of the cinematic apparatus.
RIT press has expressed interest in this series and has asked that we secure some projects before moving forward with approval.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- classical films, directors, and genres
- early cinematic technology
- historical advances in cinematic technology
- historical politics and propaganda in film
- historical analysis of the production, distribution, exhibition, and reception of film
- historical adaptations
- production histories – the studio system and beyond
- gender and sexuality throughout film history
- media representation throughout film history
- analyzing film in its historical context
Additionally, we are seeking mid-level to senior film scholars willing to serve on an editorial review board for this series.
Please direct proposals and questions to the series editors: Dr. Steffi Shook, email@example.com, and Dr. Brian Snee, firstname.lastname@example.org.