Happy Friday, y’all. Still hotter than Hades outside, but I’m starting to get some autumn vibes. (Maybe wishful thinking).
- Element diversity (Manuel Matuzovic) - Divs are useful. But there’s a whole semantic world out there we collectively should be better leveraging.
- Reflections on Burnout (Vaidehi Joshi) - Love to see burnout discussed publicly more and more often now. This post is a thoughtful reflection on Vaidehi’s recent burnout.
- Design for Safety with Eva PenzeyMoog (Strong Feelings podcast) - Last week I shared an excerpt of the book “Design for Safety”. This week, the author Eva PenzeyMoog joined the Strong Feelings podcast to talk about it as well.
- This fun Twitter thread started by Sara Soueidan soliciting examples of large web sites with character. So true that everything starts feeling very same-y.
- I’m an afternoon workout person. About a month ago, I finally hit my limit working out in the Texas heat (95+ degrees Fahrenheit, 35+ degrees Celsius). I’ve managed to do 7:30/8:00am workouts since (which is the absolute earliest I can convince myself of). Genuinely proud of myself. Morning people, I still don’t understand y’all… But the weather is sure nicer and it sure does feel good to check it off the list.
Hope you have a nice weekend,