Well. It’s Friday.
It’s sure been a hell of a week, and I am mad and tired. Short one today.
- How DNS works (DNS Simple) - A neat comic to explain what happens when you type a website address in your browser.
- Design for Safety, An Excerpt (Eva PenzeyMoog) - An excerpt from the A List Apart book of the same name - On creating a strategy, a plan of action, to make our tech safer.
- The History of the Web - As the title suggests – a project recording the web’s timeline.
- Peaceful Notes - A peaceful, simple text editor project for uninterrupted writing.
- grep.app - Search across a half million git repos.
A couple tweets that generated some interesting responses, I think.
- Texas. One of the most restrictive abortion bills took effect in Texas this week after the Supreme Court refused to block it. I just have no words. I love my home state but part of me wants to get out as fast as humanly possible. But no, I’m gonna stay here and vote.
- My heart hurts for every single person affected by the recent hurricane and extreme weather fallout, from Louisiana up to New York. Climate change, y’all.
- Just one of those weeks where making clicky clacks on a keyboard feels so empty.