The March is Past.
- Flutter 2 - Google’s Flutter now supports iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, Linux and browser experiences. May be someone should give it a go?
- NextJS 10.1 - 3x faster installs and 58% smaller package.
- Tailwind JIT - Tailwind has delivered on it’s long standing dream of a JIT compiler. It includes some of the best features from WindiCSS and twin.macro.
In the Spotlight 🔦
I’m not really mad! This is smart.
In Other News
- Compat 2021 - Google, Microsoft, Mozilla are coming together to solve compatibility issues plaguing the web. The goal in 2021 is to eliminate browser compatibility problems in five key focus areas so developers can confidently build on them as reliable foundations.
- Moderna - mRNA sequence - Moderna vaccine’s secret sauce of mRNA pattern is now published to Github as a two page PDF.
- Github logout condition - Beginning of this month, Github logged everyone out for handling a race condition (this may have been a necessary thing to do, but they are pitching it as an extra security measure).
- Google’s Cookie Alternative - Google is now trialing a cookie alternative known as FLOC. It can batch users into groups that advertisers can later use to show relevant ads but cannot be used to uniquely identify them.