Q: Why didn't the `<div />` get invited to the dinner party?
A: Because it had no class.
- A talk by Dan Abramov on The WET Codebase. Have you ever encountered a situation where DRY code is starting look like a mess? If yes, you would be able to resonate with the talk and if you don’t I bet it would add a new perspective to the design principle you like to follow and make a proper decision.
- We never give damn about the compiler but we are using tons of them. If you are a React developer, you are already using Babel, Webpacker to compile your code. I came across such Super Tiny Compiler.
- Have you ever wanted a library to build a random GraphQL query for you? Nope. Right. Here is a GraphQL Query Generator by IBM with reasoning where you might need it.
- Web-development is distributed system. The frontend is a distributed system. I didn’t know. Watch a talk by Vaidehi Joshi on Setting up to fail
- A new Action Mailer bug report template to easily generate reproduction script for Rails team/contributor to resolve the issue. #39367
- Rails conductor Action Mailbox form could be auto-filled by passing params in the URL. #39842
- Rails 6.1 now allows configuring enum defaults. #39820
- Active Storage attachment now touches the parent model on
NOTE: This month the development on Rails is slow and not a lot of new feature/fixes/improvement were merged than usual.
- I am watching: One Piece and I love it :P
- I am reading: How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. You need to practice these techniques and you would see the changes in your life. I sometimes forget them but you got to practice these things and be a good influence on people.
Happy coding folks. You can reach out to me twitter for anything and I’ll be happy to chat. Don’t hesitate.